CONTEST PLACE AND TIME : the Third International “EDELWEISS” Contest-Festival will be held in Vienna 22-24 November 2019 in the Piano Gallery, Kaisersaal, Kaiserstrasse 10, 1070
Participants of the Contest: The Contest is open for young pianists of all nationalities who were born on or after 22 November 1996 and who play piano solo, or in ensemble (duets, trios, quartets; except for two pianos); instrumental ensembles containing piano (up to 4 members)
Participants of the Festival: Young musicians all around the world, born after November 22, 1996, playing any instruments, including folk instruments or singing; piano ensembles (duets, trio, quartets, except 2 piano); instrumental, vokal, mixed ensembles up to 4 members (duets, trio, quartets
Contest:2 works in different musical styles and moods, preferably at least one piece from the Baroque or Classical era OR Lithuanian composer work. Some Pieces of lithuanian Authors You can find in the website https://klavierwett.jimdo.com/lithuanian-authors/
Festival: freely selected ONE piece up to 5 minutes.
A, B, C - students from non-formal education music and art schools
A +, B +, C + categorys - students from specialized music schools, technical institutes, Academies of Music,
A1; B1; C1: up to 5 min
A2;B2;C2: up to 7 min
A3: up to 9 min; B3;C3: up to 10 min
A4: up to 11 min B4;C4: up to 12 min
A5 up to 12 min
A6 up to 15 min
ATTENTION! THE REHEARSAL ROOMS MUST BE ORDERED ON YOUR OWN ON THE INTERNET FOR THE EXTRA PAYMENT 3-7 euro/hour.
The competition undertakes to provide 3-5 minutes of acoustic rehearsal in the hall and 15 minutes of rehearsal in class on the day of the performance.
CONTEST PARTICIPATION FEE
Solo piano - A1-A5 60€ ; A6-70€
Ensemble - B1-B3, C1-C3 80€ ; B4, C4-90€
Deadline - 11. October 2019
Participants from non EU area can pay participation fee on place
· The separate awards will established for the best performances of the works of Lithuanian composers
· GRAND PRIX winners (solo (A, A+ and ensembles B, B+, C, C+) categories) – will be awarded with diplomas, and prizes.
· The laureates of the 1st 2nd, 3rd places (A, A+, B, B+, C, C+ categories) will be awarded with diplomas, and prizes.
· Diploma holders of the Contest will be awarded with diplomas and prizes.
· All participants will be given certificates and souvenirs, their teachers will receive certificates.
Participants of the festival:
· young musicians all around the world, born after November 22, 1996, playing any instrument, including folk instruments, or singing;
· piano ensembles (except 2 piano);
· instrumental, vocal, mixed ensembles up to 4 members (duets, trio, quartets).
Festival repertoire: freely selected ONE piece up to 5 minutes.
€ 25 for soloists; 40 € for ensemble
Deadline - 11. October 2019